tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 10:36:25 1996

Re: KLBC (yInbogh lompu' joH)

ghItlh ghunchu'wI' :
>>lengbogh lompu' qo'vo' jIHtaH

>"I am being from the realm of the corpses which travel."
>I also am not sure about this use of (jIH); TKD doesn't say anything about
>using it to mean "I am *from* a place". Did you escape from there? You
>might use (nargh). Do you reside there? Try something with (ngan). Is
>your home there? (lengbogh lompu' qo'Daq 'oH juHwIj).

I like the translation "the corpses which roam" better.
As to the (jIH): I already tried to phrase it differently, but nothing
really catches the meaning. Perhaps this would also work:
-lengbogh lompu' qo' ngan jIHpu'-
But it seems that I don't reside there at the moment.
(At least I haven't seen walking corpses around *here* for a while)
Didn't you wonder about the corpses being capable of using language?

>>taDmoHpu'bogh ghopwIj bIQ DungDaq HurghchaH chal

>"The sky [becomes?] dark over my hand's water which freezes things."
>I don't understand.
It should mean something like "The sky becomes dark(is caused to be dark)
over the water which my hand froze(caused to be frozen)."

negh qIj yay lubejchu'lI' maSmey
Looks definitely better.

>>SIbI' quv 'Iw tlhutlhtaH yav tIQ
>"The ground's water immediately is continuously drinking the blood of honor."

Actually yav tIQ is "the ancient ground". (no water there)

>>SuSmey ngej Hegh tlhuH

>"The breath of death infects the winds."  Ooh, nice imagery.
Thanks! :)

Qapla'
        SanQIb            -DuquvmoHbe'chu' yIn-

Back to archive top level