tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 19:53:15 1996

Re: Beginner's questions

Thomas Zeman writes:
>2.  I get the feeling from reading some of the messages here that there
>is more vocabulary than appears just in TKD.  Is this so?  If yes, does
>the KLI maintain a full compilation of all the vocabulary?

Any new vocabulary we encounter is quickly documented in HolQeD, the
journal of the Klingon Language Institute.  So the answers are yes,
and yes.  However, there is no single published list of the entire
vocabulary.  It's a contentious point here, but most of us are of the
opinion that being forced to compile one's own list of new words is a
*good* thing.  A readily available document with a complete set of
translations would deprive the serious students of that experience.