tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 19:52:52 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

beHwI"av writes:
>>I thought that the band's name meant Rage [as a noun] to the detriment of
>>the machine. Oh, but I also thought that the 'machine' in this case was the
>>government or similar,
>
>In both you are correct, but the machine can also be seen as the constraints
>that cause the inability to do something constuructive with ones live, thus
>raging against the overpowering odds of Capitalisme, that which causes missery.

Okay, which is it?  You seem to say that you agree with Ford that "Rage"
is a noun, but you then use it as a verb.  Is the band's name supposed to
mean "complain angrily and violently about" the machine, or is it supposed
to mean "violent anger which is placed adjacent to" the machine?