tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 12 21:18:25 1996

Re: KLBC:Name that Song

beHwI"av writes:
>>>jach 'ej lotlh lotlh
>>>ghe"or yIntaH ghotpu'ma'
>>
>>"He screams and he rebels; the netherworld rebels; our people are living."
>
>It actually should be " Rebel, rebel and yell(hence shout), 'cause(I
>couldn't express it) our people still dwell (hence live) in hell (hence
>{ghe"or})"

"Rebel" and "yell" are commands, and should be given using imperative
verb prefixes (see TKD 4.1.2):  {yIyotlh. yIyotlh 'ej yIjach...}

The idea "because" is carried by either the noun suffix {-mo'} (TKD 3.3.5)
or the verb suffix {-mo'} (TKD addendum 4.2.9).

I don't think "our people" should be translated directly.  It looks like
this is supposed to refer to "our clan" or "our tribe" -- maybe the word
{tlhach} "faction, sect" would be appropriate.

"Dwell" and "live" are separate concepts.  Klingon uses the noun {ngan} to
express the meaning given by the verb "reside" in English.  Maybe you could
get across "still dwell" with {ratlhtaH} "continuously remain"?

{...ghe''orDaq ratlhtaHmo' tlhachmaj}

>>>        mIqta' lurgh QeH'a'na
>>
>>"true rage of the machinery's direction"
>
>This was meant to be a bit encriped, but I meant the Rage's direction, it's
>"Rage against the Machine"

I don't know the word "encriped", and I don't understand it from context.
"Rage" looks like a command here, not a noun.  How would you rephrase the
words "rage against" in order to translate it into Klingon?