tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 11 17:57:40 1996

Gospel of Marc in tlh.H.

Can Nick answer me which version of the Gospel acc. do St. Marc was
he using for his translation? (the one that is on ftp).

I've tried to compare it with the Authorised Version (King James' English
Bible) that you can easily have from internet, but the number of verses
in each chapter differ between Englihs (and to that extent Polish) and
your Klingon one. I know you have translated from Greek directly,
and I have (in Poland) the Nestle-Aaland edition (if I don't misspell
the names - I had it for the last time in my hands some 6 years ago).

I know you DON'T number the verses, but you separate them with a line
(in two cases I found the line missing) and you do number the chapters,
and the proper names enabled me to make an *interlinear* English-Klingon
edition, but there are important divergences sometimes. I know,
the meaning will help but I am not THAT good at Klingon so far and
I hoped your translation along with Hamlet (I am waiting for it)
will help me much also in my translation projects.
(The last ones include: a few Vedic huymns, Musashi's *Gorin-no shoo*
"The book of five rings" - a must for any warrior, Klingon included,
and some Polish verses).

Could you send me the number of verses in the chapters in the version you
used for the translation? That'll help me also with my *index* project.
Why finally not number the verses in the Klingon on-line version?

I know, the version is not finished (at least the version I dowloaded
in March hasn't been). Do you plan to finish it? when?

Sorry, I'll send this to the list - due to my hand problem it's easier
than to search some 900 messages for your address. The questions might
interest somebody else, also. At least they DO concern tlhIngan Hol
(in translation) unlike the rubbish we receive almost every day "How to
unsubscribe". I have already unsubscribed twice and subscribed again at
different addresses without a slightest problem.

macheq

macheq noychoH jembatoQ

lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate

Dr. Maciej St. Zieba                      Consulat General de Pologne
tel. (514) 938-0700 (home)                1500 ave des Pins Ouest
fax. (514) 937-7271                       Montreal  QC  H3G 1B4
e-mail [email protected]              tel. (514) 937-9482, ...81
                                          e-mail #[email protected]