tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 07 20:48:14 1996

Re: Klingon networks [CKNE]

David Wood writes:
>[...]
>A Klingon would be most confused not by the notion of a network (they probably
>have 'em too). What would confuse him is the Terran implementation. Consider the
>terms "client" and "server:" it implies that the thing in charge of the network
>is serving the other computers hooked to it. Klingons think in terms of leaders
>and followers, and it's not right that the leader "serve."

Not to cast aspersions on your theoretical Klingon computer network
architecture, but the way I view "client/server" architecture fits my
understanding of the standard Klingon heirarchy just fine.  A "server"
is not "in charge" of the network; it merely does what it is told to do.
A file server keeps information and dispenses it when ordered.  A print
server makes hardcopy on demand.  A database server collects data and
gives reports when someone requires the data.  The term "client" might
indeed need modification, but not the basic architecture.

>Now, is there anyone here who still doubts my insanity?

bImaw'bej 'e' HonlaH pagh.