tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 06 14:35:44 1996

History of tlhIngan

I'm new to this list and to tlhlngan, but I am seriously interested in
learning the language.  I've ordered the dictionary and Hamlet, along with a
few other things, from the KLI and I was wondering if someone could tell me
about how long it would be before they arrived.  This is important to me not
only because of learning the language, but because I have to write a paper for
my college psycholinguistics class on Klingon.  Along the lines of the latter
subject, could anyone tell how the language has changed since its original
inception?  I really want specifics, such as new noun types, prefixes,
suffixes, changes in spelling, changes in pronunciation, along with some sort
of chronological structure for these changes and reasons for the changes.
Also, I was wondering whether anybody on this list had a child or children and
was trying to teach them Klingon, and what difficulties had occurred, or any
unusual things that had happened because of it.  I appreciate any information
you can provide.

George Horner
[email protected]

Back to archive top level