tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 01 16:09:55 1996

Re: New words in HolQeD 5.1

>>>lung = lizard (n)
>>
>>{Duran lung} might be a name similar to "Komodo dragon", so {lung} might
>>not be the literal word for "lizard."
>

>The thing is, we don't have a cannon example of a series of nouns (NOT
>compound
>nouns) meaning anything but what the individual words mean. I think it's
>pretty
>safe to think of <lung> as a generic for lizard.  (Now, you do know that the
>Komodo is not a lizard, right?  It's it own special category.)

Wow!  Someone else who knows that there's a difference between lizards and
monitors.  Cool!

Since we are displaying our knowledge of biology, I have something to point
out to ghunchu'wI'.  The extertnal portion of the ear, <qogh> in tlhIngan
Hol, is called the "pinna" of the ear.

>r'Hul

Anthony Curran

qo'ran