tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 31 07:34:30 1996

Re: Nice picture & KLBC

>'ach jang ghunchu'wI':
>>Can we use {meQ} adjectivally like this?

>Indeed we can; cf. Conversational Klingon, when the Klingon waitress sneers:
>	 Ha'DIbaHmey meQ Sop 'e' tIv tera'nganpu'
>         "Terrans enjoy eating burnt animals."
>Apparently, an idiomatic use of the verb {meQ}.  Thus our knowledge of the
>language's subtleties grows -- bit by bit.  (Also, note the absence of
>any unnecessary Type 7 aspectual suffix for habitual actions or simple,
>descriptive statements of fact.)

This is where I got my idea from, but as some people/tlhInganpu' have said
the CK is not always right. If you look at "pu'HIch"="phaser pistol"
translated as phaser, I do however know that that is ment to stop
confusement with -pu' plural for beings with a language, but it's still wrong.

Qapla'

Daniel

Back to archive top level