tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 26 05:17:15 1996

Re: KLBC: message for a friend

>~Doq writes:
>>HaqwI' bangDaj pegh HoD ghaH
>
>"The captain's him/her keeps secret the surgeon's his beloved."

Or, as was revealed to me in a dream last night,
"He/she is the captain of the surgeon's his secret love."

>>HoD bangDaj pegh HaqwI' ghaH
>
>"The surgeon's him/her keeps secret the captain's his beloved."

Or, "He/she is the surgeon of the captain's his secret love."

These interpretations show that the sentence can be slightly more
grammatical, but they're very unwieldy.