tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 21 14:24:18 1996

Re: The role of the KLI

>You're showing remarkable restraint. :-)  Maybe we should commission him
>to write a "real" dictionary the way we want to see it.  Maybe we should
>just bite the bullet and recognize that the language has grown to the
>point that it no longer needs "parental approval" on grammatical issues.
>Paramount has bestowed legitimacy upon the Klingon Language Institute;
>perhaps the KLI's charter ought to be expanded to include *management*
>of the language instead of simply studying it.  qulyoD yIchu'!

I agree, but mabye as creator Mark Okrand does deserve some consultation, it
might be that he has the idea, but can't find the means to express it. On
the other hand, Klingon is a growing language, mabye it's time it let go of
its mothers apron strings.;-)

>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

Daniel

Back to archive top level