tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 13 00:28:40 1996

Re: KLBC: Q about -lu'

> It is illegal. Deal with it. Okrand clearly invented {net} to
> avoid {'e' Xlu'}. "One knows that..." is the same as
> "... is known". That third person indefinite subject described
> in the section on when you should always use {net} pretty much
> covers the function of {-lu'}. There is no place to use {'e'
> Xlu'} which does not violate the rule which tells you when to
> use {net}.
>
> charghwI'

let me just say that I (who wrote the 'offensive'
line) was just too stupid to remember to use "net".
If I had thought a bit more, I'd have used "net",
whether "'e' Xlu'" be 'illegal' or not.

			HomDoq

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany