tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 11 13:41:09 1996

KLBC: batlh Soj ghap

Recently, a situation arose whereby a long-sought delicacy might be
had, with only a small untruth (which by it's nature could never have
been detected).

There was never an instant when I viewed the untruth as an option,
but I wanted to explain myself in tlhIngan Hol, so I composed the
following saying:

batlh vIvuvbe'chugh, not burghwIj vIteblaHqu'

which is intended to mean, "If I do not respect honor, I can never
fill my belly"

(I intentionally used the word for stomach rather than belly, as it
is not obvious that the connotation would be the same.)

Garrett Michael Hayes;  Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
(Opinions expressed are my own and may
not be those of Client/Server Labs, LLC)

Back to archive top level