tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 10 15:16:45 1996

RE: KAHLESS-LEGEND INFO NEEDED

Kahless said in the episode "Rightful Heir:"

"I went into the mountains, all the way to the volcano at Kri'stak.  There I cut
off a lock of my hair and thrust it into the river of molten rock that poured
from the summit.  The hair began to burn.  Then I plunged it into the lake of
Lusor and twisted it into this sword.  And after I used it to kill Molar I gave
it a name: betlh'etlhm the sword of honor."

Of course, proper forging methods world have Kahless twist the metal and forge
it into the sword THEN quench it in the water to temper the blade.  One nice
detail that they could have missed was, when they showed the actual sword in
the DS9 episode "Sword of Kahless" the blade had a Damascus pattern,
characteristic of twisted metal being forged into a blade.

Kordite

|          Lt.Cmdr. Kordite vestai-Tasighor            |
|       Executive Officer, IKV Dark Justice, KAG       |
|          choSuvchugh 'oy'lIj Daghur neH.             |