tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 09 05:26:51 1996

Re: TKD 4.4.

> >I am trying to clear up an ambiguity in TKD 4.4.
> >
> >The section seems to indicate that ONLY  the suffix {-qu'} can
> >be used to modify a stative verb that is acting as an
> >adjective.
> >
> >Example:
> >I am distressed because of my friends unfortunate death.
> >
> >{jISot jupwI' Hegh Do'Ha'mo'}
> >
> >Or should it be
> >
> >{jISot jupwI' Heghmo' Do'Ha'} ?
>

> The way I read TKD 4.4, the first sentence would be the only one which
> would be grammatical.  Since <mo'> is a type 5 noun suffix, it *must*
> follow the verb used adjectivally.

Okay, I reread that pourly worded section again. Now I think I understand it.
for a moment it seemed to indicate that {-qu'} is the ONLY suffix that
can be used. Then is says "The Type 5 noun suffix follows {-qu'}."

> >david
> >
> Anthony Curran
>
> qo'ran
>
> [email protected]
> http://web2.airmail.net/acurran

david
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level