tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 01 00:52:31 1996

Comments on my sentances

After reading all your replys, and being completely confused I decided to go
back to the Klingon Dictionary for help. I found the section on the verb suffix
<neS> (section 4.2.8)

The first example they gave was <qaleghneS> meaning <I am honored to see you>.
If I take what ~mark said it should mean <I see you, your honor>, but dictionary
seems to think otherwise.

If we take <qaleghneS> and remove the <qa> we end up with <leghneS> - <He is
honored to see it>

If we then add a <lu'> to make <leghlu'neS> - <One is honored to see it>

If we then change the <legh> to <ghaj> we have <ghajlu'neS> - <One is honored to
have it> as the only thing that changed was the verb.

Then we can simply add <tlhIngan 'Iw> to make <tlhIngan 'Iw ghajlu'neS> - <One
is honored to have Klingon blood> , which is approximately what I wanted.
		  We don't have <One has Klingon blood, your honor>.

In ~marks examples I did notice that it the examples he gave where <verb
subject> which he translated as <*********, your honor.>

Chris Lipscombe.

Back to archive top level