tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 31 18:09:33 1996

/MSN/Daq mu' tu'lu'

Okay, I've been following the words listed in Star Trek: Continuum, Klingon
Compendium's Klingon Linguistic Studies (this is a special web site
available to MSN members).  There's a new word there every day; though so
far, all the words we know already from other sources.  (For those who
weren't at the qep'a', Okrand informed us that he provided Microsoft with a
collection of Klingon words for this site, and that some of them are in
fact new).

So, there's an old word there, /magh/, a verb meaning 'to betray.'  On it's
description page, there's the following text:

	Verb, to commit treason. Also to indicate, reveal.

That second part is new; we have /'ang/ for 'show' or 'reveal,' but this
usage of /magh/ seems to be new.

I'll write again as new things develop.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level