tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 31 13:38:40 1996

Re: Skybox season five klingon cards

qaSDI' 96-07-30 08:26:03 EDT, jatlh Bill Willmerdinger:

>  DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
lurSa'

>  be'etor je.  ngoDvam luchavmeH ghawran maghpu' be'nI'pu'.  woQ luSuqmeH
> jIjpu'
>  chaH romuluSngan'e' je.

>  (Note: does the construction {DuraS be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je}
constitute
>  apposition as I think it does?  If so, that question is answered for good
> and
>  all!)

Interesting.  But there was another thing to be noticed.  When using an {'e'}
construction, an adverbial comes after {'e'} and before the next verb!  I'd
expect to see {reH 'e' lunIDtaH}.  Is this just another Skybox mistake, or is
it legitimate?  In fact, is there any other example written by Marc Okrand in
which he uses an adverbial with an {'e'} sentence (besides Captain Klaa's
{reH DIvI' Duj vISuv vIneH} in ST:V, which isn't quite the same thing)?

SuStel
Stardate 96580.1

Back to archive top level