tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 24 08:41:27 1996

Re: More words

>>gday't, er, ghuy'cha'  .... yoloqmey yISop!
>
>You meant "tISop", right?
>
>And yes, that was a fine example; I had no clue what you were talking about
>before you explained it.  And now I still don't.  Are yoloks the same or
>different from qagh?  Is this an invitation for me to go and enjoy my
>lunch?

Maybe.  From the context of the book, I took them to be
less appreciated than gharghmey.....  I guess "yItIv" would
have been in there if it was meant to be pleasant, though.

Actually, like "No enemy is boring" - it might have more than one meaning, "go
eat worms" is like saying "go fly a kite".  I *LIKE* flying kites - so should I
just say "thank you", if someone says to do so?

   meghlIj yISop 'e' yItIv!

Or, as I was told as a boy (but in Swedish):

   SojlIj yISop 'e' yItam

--

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
  mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'