tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 24 07:35:19 1996

Re: Wired magazine

> <<Huj>> actually seemed a good fit because as most of you know it can
>mean "be strange" or "charge (up)" and likewise the term "wired" has
>multiple meanings: certainly someone who is *wired* is acting strange, and

majQa'!  I really like the translation!  I bought and read Wired
yesterday when I saw the pIqaD on the cover.  I had a good laugh
deciphering it.

I just have one question: what is the proper way to use verbs with more
than one entry in TKD, when it's obvious that one meaning is transitive
and the other intransitive.  I would've thought "to charge up" would be
transitive, thus: {yIHuj'eghqu'} for "Get charged up!"  But then again,
the word perfectly captures {"jonchu'") both meanings of "Get wired!"

p.s. I am very excited as I expect to receive Hamlet today.  jIloSlaHbe'!

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue

Back to archive top level