tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 23 12:48:07 1996

KLBC: Most likely an easy question to answer...

batlhtaHDI', mughojmoHtaH batlhtaH

Okay, I'm one up on you, because I know this is wrong.  And this has been
buggin' me all day.  This is the phrase I'm trying to translate:
"He who honors teaches me to honor."

Hmm.  Word order's wrong for one thing, isn't it.

batlhtaHDI' = when he honors
mughojmoHtaH = he teaches me
batlhtaH = honoring (?)

I flim-flammed between -DI' and -viS, though neither seemed quite right.  -DI'
is more of a "as soon as" according to TKD and that's not the right aspect.
-vIS, of course, is "while" which seemed a little closer perhaps, but still not
it.

Maybe I just need to rewrite the English version.  I dunno.  Stumped (though
that's nothing unusual when it comes to this darned language).

So, ~mark, give me a hint here.  I don't want the answer necessarily, just a
clue as to the direction I need to go.

Dave S.
HarwI'na'

Back to archive top level