tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 22 13:36:13 1996

God's name

I have long used <joH'a'> for "God". As I understand <qa'>, it refers more
to the spirit or soul of a person (or other such entity), or even the
essential personality characteristics, than to a spiritual or bodiless being;
for instance (if I recall correctly),
   SoHDaq yInjaj qeylIS qa'
a toast translated
   May the spirit of Kahless live within you.

     marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
**              Mark A. Mandel : [email protected]             **
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
=> KLINGON PAGE! http://www.dragonsys.com/klingon/klingon.html <=

Back to archive top level