tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 08:32:30 1996

Re: radio

>Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:15:53 -0700
>From: "A.Appleyard" <[email protected]>

>  [email protected] wrote (Subject: Re: targh tIq):-

>> Se' is the main verb in this sentence. In order to transmit, a Klingon
>> communicator radioes through subspace. Okay. I'll admit that in TKD Se' is a
>> noun only. But... Let's ask MO. ...

>But what is the Klingon word for ordinary speed-of-light radio? Surely there
>is still a use for it in the Star Trek scenario?

Probably not much; it always gets called things like "old-style radio
transmissions" and whatnot, and even sometimes gets missed by scanners
which look for more modern-day signals.

Then again, in _A Piece of the Action_(?) Kirk counts on Uhura to be
monitoring the radio station and commandeers it to contact her.

~mark

Back to archive top level