tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 06:17:55 1996

"canon" (was Re: Words for "God")

[email protected] writes:

 > In conlcusion, since only MO sources are canon, joH'a' and qa' work fine for
 > me.

neH rejmorgh jIH, 'ach jIQochqu'

Its only because I'm a worrywart, but I really disagree.

On two points:

1) joH'a' for the divine name is not from Okrand, it is a KLI member's
	 invention (And a good one - no question).

2) CANON is, and will always be a sticky thing, but Paramount ONLY defines
	canon, and Okrand as their hired gun does so.  The ONLY
	final rule of "canon"icity is "what is from Paramount" (usually
	explicitly "what is filmed from *P*").  This has led to backfit
	words and such in the past and will in the future, with the
	eccentric and cavalier use of the language by the scriptwriters.

   ,'._   Dochvam 'oH vuDwIj'e'.  pImlaH vuDlIj.   ,'._

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
   mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://pages.prodigy.com/mrklingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level