tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 04:41:48 1996

Re[2]: KLBC: burghSuD puqloD bang

<burghSuD>, or <chorSuD>, means "Yellow Belly" in the same way that <bangteH>
mean "Truelove" -- and that is that they don't really.  <bangteH> should be
<bang_teH> (two words).  But, there are no rules for names so it doesn't
matter.

But I take it that DavID boljer's character-name is <bang> and that only in
the most formal circumstances would he use <burghSuD puqloD bang>.

Subject: Re: KLBC: burghSuD puqloD bang
Author:  [email protected] (Alan Anderson) at Internet
Date:    7/12/96 12:54 PM

David Bolger writes:
>Is 'burghSuD puqloD bang' the correct translation for Beloved, Son of
>Yellow-Belly, my name.

There's no such word as {burghSuD}.  We don't have a rule for combining
nouns and verbs in this way, or indeed in any way.  I'll take your word
for it that means "Yellow-Belly", although I think {chor} is better for
this meaning than {burgh} "stomach".

Given that the words are what you want, then this might be correct.  It
matches examples of apposition I've seen in the text of a couple of the
Skybox cards.  I think the ST:Klingon CD-ROM might have an example of
someone giving his name and lineage in the other order, though (I don't
yet have a copy of it so I can't check).