tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 17 03:18:41 1996

Re: Any philosophers out there?

SuStel:
     I'm new at learning the Klingon language, but I have some ideas on the
phrase "I think therefore I am".  I believe that this refers to the idea that
if one is aware of onesself in order to reflect on things outside of onesself
or on things involving one's own ideas/actions/wishes/etc., that one must
know intuitively that the self is separate from all else.  This defining self
with arbitrary references could be interpreted as being the basis of what
defines us as individuals - therefore, if one can think and make these
references/decisions, we arbitrarily define who we are as individuals.
 Therefore, we think therefore we are!  Hope this helps.   -Makhoy

Back to archive top level