tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 14 22:53:26 1996

Re: KLBC: Questions on word translation

Andrea writes:
>>> Date of issue          jajtagh
>>I would use {ghorgh tagh}.
>Placing it as a question, prevent to use the same term in a affirmative
>sentence, how can I say "The date of issue is XXX" It wouldn't be logic to
>say "ghorgh tagh XXX" , because it would be a question.

To ask the *question*, one says {ghorgh tagh}.  The *answer* does not
use the question word; it replaces the question word with the answer.

{ghorgh tagh} "When does it begin?"
{jar vagh jaj wa' tagh.} "It begins day one of month five."

>>How about {ghorgh rIn}?
>It would have the same problem as the previous term.

It also has the same solution.