tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 12 12:40:24 1996

Re: KLBC

qeq writes:
>thIngan Hol vIghoj vIneH choQuHiaH'a'a
>(i awnt to learn the Klingon can you help?)
>Does this make sense and can you help me?

It's got a lot of misspellings, but it's basically okay grammatically.
{tlhIngan} begins with the Klingon sound {tlh}; you left out the "l".
The verb "help" is {QaH}; you substituted a "u" for the "a".
The "ability" verb suffix is {-laH}; you used an "i" instead of an "l".
The interrogative verb suffix is {-'a'}; the "echo" after a glottal stop
is merely a pronunciation artifact, not something that is spelled out.

And I prefer some explicit marking of the boundaries between sentences.
In simple examples like this, it's not very hard to figure out where one
sentence stops and the next begins, but unless you have a good reason to
want them to be treated as a single idea, there ought to be a marker.
If you don't want to use punctuation marks, at least put each separate
sentence on its own line.