tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 10 06:30:43 1996

Re: tlhIngan Hol books

HoD jubwI' writes:
 > > [email protected] (Alan Anderson) wrote:-
 > > There are many novels that "use" Klingon, but few do it well. One actually
 > > is considered a source of true Klingon vocabulary, because the author seems
 > > to have gotten a word or two directly from Marc Okrand. I don't know the
 > > details of its publication, but its title is "Sarek".
 >
 > I read that book but I don't remember tlhIngan Hol being used in it. I
 > don't even remember a Klingon being in it.

lIjqu'ta' Hoch!

This discussion went on for a while some time ago - when GEnie still
had lively discussion and I was a member there.  A.C.Crispin, the
author of _Sarek_ was on GEnie, and I had exchanged messages with her
regarding the book, both its Vulcan and Klingon aspects.  I cannot
remember the words used - perhaps the list archive has them noted.

As to whether there were Klingons... well, they were only the main
apparent villains, and the final section took place on Qo'noS, so yeah
- there were a *COUPLE* of bumpy-heads popping up....

Also, regarding tlhIngan Hol books, there are a number of books
available from the ILS.   I'm sure a list could be found if
we wanted to be complete in this discussion (and fair).

 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
   mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://pages.prodigy.com/mrklingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level