tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 05 21:22:23 1996

RE: Translating my name...

>I'm sorry, I've just started trying to learn a bit of Klingon, but
>does Quapla' mean Success?

<<Qapla'>> means Success and is used often to mean good-bye (sort of like the
old "Go with God").  What I found interesting was that in the Hallmark
Commercial last year Gowron entered the bridge and GREETED his warriors with
<<Qapla'>>.

I'm a new person as well and believe me we have missed much, but everyone
seems very willing to help us out by "rehashing" things.  My thanks and
admiration go to those dedicated KLBC people.  Just put KLBC in your subject
and one of them will answer you.  Be patient their busy people!

Back to archive top level