tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 12:04:06 1996

Re: Big Enterprise

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> Personally, I do not know what the Klingon word for Enterprise is.  My point
> here is:  Why can't a Klingon word end in the syllable -'a' as part of the
> word, not a suffix at all?
>
> peHruS

DIp mojaq 'oH {-'a'}'e'.
Isn't {-'a'} a type 1 noun suffix meaning "big"?  Therefore, isn't
{enterpray'a'} "big Enterprise", as opposed the {enterpray} meaning just
Enterprise?  Perhaps the Klingons first called Kirk's Enterprise
{enterpray}, then when they saw Picard's they called it {enterpray'a'}
meaning "Big Enterprise"?  Just speculating, that's all.  {jIloy}

dave yeung

Back to archive top level