tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 09:33:15 1996

my qep'a' intro

The following is a exercise in klingon for me, and an intro of me to
others attending the qep'a'. The english text will follow, along with
comments marked in the klingon text.

vISuDmoHtaHvIS (1) jIbwIj jIlIH'egh qep'a' latlhpu'vaD (2)

bIQ'a' Dopvamvo' maghoSbej 'ej DoprajDaq mapaw.

qep'a'mo' maleng 'ej wej jaj qaStaHvIS maSaH.

jIH be'jup je SaH, {Mona Lisa} ghaH

Dachlaw' {europa}nganpu' latlh (3), {Denmark}vo' maH.

De'wI'QeD HolQeD je vIHaDlI' 'ej HolQeD HaDlI' {Mona Lisa}

{USA}Dopvo' maleng 'ej {USA}Doplatlh mapaw qaSpu'DI' qep'a'. vaj
juHDaq maleng. (4)

qaS wanI' Dunbej 'e' vIpIH 'ej qep'a' vIqaw (5) poH nI' qaStaHvIS

{pizza} wISopjaj 'ej yIHmey wImuSjaj jar SochDIch qaStaHvIS 'e' vItIv

"While I sit here and cause my hair to be green I will introduce
myself to others attending the qep'a'"

"We will leave this side of the ocean and arrive at your side."

"We travel for the qep'a', we will be present for 3 days."

"There will be me and my girlfriend, her name is Mona Lisa"

"We will apparently be the only europeans present, we come from Denmark"

"I am a studier of computer science and linguistics, Mona Lisa is a
studier of linguistics."

"After the qep'a', we will travel across USA before returning home."

"It will certainly be a glorious event. I expect my memories of it to
be good and last long."

"May we eat pizza and curse tribbles in the 7th month, I shall enjoy that"

(1) "I cause it to be green", I'd say no to "I it be green", but when
    using the suffix {-moH} it looks reasonable to me.

(2) "Others of the qep'a'", my hidious way of saying "others attending
    the qep'a'". Whether this was subject or object I wasn't sure, but
    it's "for" them, thus I made it subject.

(3) Looks like a contradiction to how I made "others attending". This
    sentence should mean "Apparantly we'll be the only europeans".

(4) Argh, prepositions. "When the qep'a' is over, we will travel from
    one side of USA to the other."

(5) "I will remember the qep'a' for a long time"

| Eskil Heyn Olsen     |This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |
|[email protected]|     subliminal (send money) messages (send money).  |

Back to archive top level