tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 31 12:13:24 1996

Why not HabwI'

"HabwI'";

The suffix "-wI'" is used for something which performs an active
function, such as SeHwI' controller, or whatever. HabwI' would be an
object whose purpose was to be smooth.

However, a "smoothing device" would be <HabmoHwI'>, because to cause
something else to be smooth requires the "-moH" suffix.

A thing which just *is* smooth, and makes no special effort to be smooth
(e.g. a smooth rock) would simply be <Hab>, as in <nagh Hab> <smooth
rock>. This goes for things (and people) that are open, green, yellow,
absentminded etc.

Maybe. I hope this helps.

Lord Havelock.
"Maybe it's because I run into so many people who are hostile, simply because they can't open their minds to the possibilities,
that sometimes the need to mess with their heads outweighs the millstone of humiliation." -Special Agent Fox Mulder
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level