tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 30 16:34:08 1996

Re: KLBC: tera'ngan pab

At 07:08 PM 1/29/96 -0800, you wrote:
>ghItlh 'etlhqengwI':
>>pab wIja'chuqDI', mu'mey motlhbe' ghItlhtaH ghojwI'pu' po'.
>
>{ja'chuq} is glossed as "discuss, confer" in TKD.  It's obviously
>the verb {ja'} plus the suffix {-chuq}, so it can't have an(other)
>object.

Hang on a minute.

Your argument for disecting {ja'chuq}  is sound but it assumes that
that  because it can disected it must fit that mold.  To me this is one
of those ambiguous words which we must bring to Okrand.

>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level