tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 18:50:22 1996

Re: DS9 #31

>Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:07:06 -0800
>From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>

Thus peHruS (I think):

>>> Disembark = go ashore (Webster's dictionary) = lItHa'

And thus me:

>I don't think I like "lItHa'" for "go ashore."  It's not the opposite of
>riding, it's the opposite or boarding!

OOooooops.  Brain-fault.  lItHa', of course, is  what Okrand himself used
in "get off that control panel" (begging the question of what "?lIt" means,
if anything).  I had misheard this as "lIghHa'", where "lIgh" means "ride,"
and Okrand corrected that misconception.  Then when I read this posting, I
mixed up the two words in my confused skull and got the wrong answer.
Oops.

~mark

Back to archive top level