tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 01:48:56 1996

Re: Wish List

There exist terms in Klingon for the activation and deactivation of
devices. These are:

chu'          activate (v)
chu'Ha'     deactivate (v)
laQ          fire, energize (eg. thrusters) (v)
(with the -Ha' suffix it becomes misfire)
rIH          energise (v)

and, of course, there is the Type 4 causative suffix -moH.

These are all the terms I've ever needed to use.

Of course, you've got to know what it is you're activating, so here
are a few terms for various types of controls:

SeHlaw             control panel (n)
leQ                    switch (n)
chu'                   trigger (n)
tlham chach     backup gravity (from Star Trek VI: "tlham chach
vIchu'qa'")

Have fun playing with buttons.

bInajtaHvIS qeylIS qa' Daghomjaj

Alexander T Greene
"Maybe it's because I run into so many people who are hostile, simply because they can't open their minds to the possibilities,
that sometimes the need to mess with their heads outweighs the millstone of humiliation." -Special Agent Fox Mulder
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level