tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 22 21:38:25 1996

Re: Newbie

Michael Nixon writes:
>Well you got yourself another new member of the tlhIngan-Hol
>mailing list.

Welcome, Michael.  Wow, you guys are coming out of the woodwork!
I'll spare you the long version since I've just posted it twice,
but briefly, my "name" is ghunchu'wI' and I'm the Beginners'
Grammarian.  Anytime you want my help, put "KLBC" in the subject
of your note and I'll make it a priority to get back to you.

>How would one say <as a tagline>
>Incarceration... which could ruin your vacation

Mark Mandel (marqem} did a fine job on this one; I don't have a
better suggestion.

>Klingons do not ruin good food.
> speaking about cooking.

A near-literal translation: {Soj QaQ lulI'be'moHbe' tlhInganpu'}.
"Klingons do not cause good food to be useless."
But what do you really mean?  How about {SojDaj tlhol meQQo' tlhInganna'}?
"A true Klingon won't burn his raw food."

> -Michael out.

I hope you stay and learn.  We can always use fresh blood...I mean, we
welcome new insights into the language. :-)