tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 22 05:42:55 1996

Re: Some risque (not "risky") interpretations

Bear in mind that at no point has Marc Okrand stated that nga'chuq is
any sort of "fossilised" verb construct. The term is just presented
to you without comment.

Granted, I can accept that <nga'chuq> could easily be a bisyllabic
verb whose second component is identical in sound to the Type 1
suffix -chuq, carrying no further meaning than that; but since Marc
has stated that the term is always used with a subject prefix, it can
be assumed that the <-chuq> in question is our old Type 1 friend,
<-chuq> one another. This has to imply the root term *nga' for
<sexual> or whatever.

We shall see (I hope). Because Paramount have commissioned another
work by Marc Okrand, available some time this year. The book is,
apparently, titled "The Book of Klingon Virtues" and a tape will
accompany it, narrated by the author and Michael Dorn.

Or, at least, that's what I read from a recent authorised Paramount
flyer, anyway.

Later.

Alexander T Greene
"Maybe it's because I run into so many people who are hostile, simply because they can't open their minds to the possibilities,
that sometimes the need to mess with their heads outweighs the millstone of humiliation." -Special Agent Fox Mulder
email me on [email protected]. Just call me Lord Sinister

Back to archive top level