tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 21 17:04:35 1996

multiple rovers

peHruS wrote (quite a while ago):
>Is there any acceptance of or prohibition against using both the Verb Suffix
>Rover {-Ha'} and the Verb Suffix Rover {-be'} together.  For example, is
>jIQuchHa'be' acceptable?

There's no canon that I know of that uses {-Ha'be'}, but its meaning should
usually be clear.  TKD 4.3 says rovers can come pretty much anywhere except
after a Type 9 suffix, and the examples on page 49 show that {-qu'be'} is
acceptable.  *I* would accept {-Ha'be'} unless there were a simpler way to
say the same thing.