tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 18 12:11:49 1996

Re:

On 18 Jan 96 at 11:46, dlevy wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
> 	I just subscribed to this list, so I thought I'd introduce myself.
> My name is Dave, and I'm a student at Indiana Univ.  I'm a major fan of all
> the Star Trek series, but like STNG the best.  I'm studying Linguistics
> here, concentrating on Romance languages, especially French.  I am also
> very interested in learning tlhIngan.  I have bought the Klingon
> Dictionary and the book "Teach Yourself Klingon".  I was just wondering,
> Can anybody give me any tips about how best to learn this language?  You
> can e-mail me privately at:
> [email protected]
> Thanks, and I look forward to many linguistic discussions on this list.

1) *Read* the GRAMMAR
2) Get the tapes if possible (Conversational Klingon and Power
Klingon) for some help with pronunciation.

 <putting on flame-proof suit>
3)  DRILL
<removing flame-proof suit>

4) talk to folk IN tlhIngan Hol, even if they don't speak it.
5) find other tlhInganpu' and talk with them

Qapla'

'etlhqengwI'

Garrett Michael Hayes;  Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level