tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 16:32:15 1996

Re: _Memory_Prime_

~mark writes:
>>shocked bartender cries out:
>
>>    "ghobe'!"
>
>I think "Qo'" makes more sense in this case, but hey.

I thought so too, at first, but after I looked it up I'm not so sure.
{Qo'} seems to mean only "*I* refuse," and the idea I think the bartender
wants to get across is "*You* don't do it."  {yIruchQo'} seems right for
this, but {ruch} is from the Addendum and wouldn't have been available to
the author of _Memory Prime_.  It's too long a word, anyway.  A simple
{mev!} might have been appropriate.