tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 08:54:57 1996

Re: a dumb question?

The Klingon fonts I have come from the KLI.  Their disk contains
three character sets in two fonts.  Since KnannaK is obviously not
talking about the "Klingonesque" Roman (A B C... in Klingon-looking
style), if s/he is discussing KLI fonts only the KLIpIqaDmey are at
issue.

The two character sets (the so-called Okuda and Mandel [no relation]
glyphs), are on the upper and lower case.  For its own publications,
the KLI uses a set of 26 Okuda glyphs, assigning them to the
uppercase keys A-Y and ' (Z is the KLI symbol); the C key gives the
character they use for ch.  So that's not it.

The Mandel glyphs are on lowercase.  I never use them, because the
correspondence given for them is useless for writing tlhIngan Hol;
but there is a letter mapped as "th".  It seems, however, to be on
the n key.

So what's the point of this missive?  vISovbejbe'.  Maybe just as an
illustration of the point that a little more information from KnannaK
(what font? where'd you get it?) would have saved some effort.

- marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom

                         Mark A. Mandel
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
  320 Nevada St. :  Newton, Mass. 02160, USA : [email protected]

Back to archive top level