tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 09 19:53:33 1996

Re: tardy Holiday greetings

Alexander T Greene writes:
>SuvwI' teH Da bIyInjaj

I'm not sure I understand what this means.  "May you live like a
true warrior" perhaps?  The following comments assume that it's at
least close to your intended meaning.

First, {teH} apparently means "not false", and I don't think it fits
here. {SuvwI'na'} is probably better for "true warrior."

Second, "to live like" is a verb all its own.  You can't put Klingon
verbs together in the fashion of {Da bIyIn} to make a new idea; you
must use subordinate clauses to create the proper meaning.  {Da} by
itself comes pretty close; if you want to refine the statement, you
can try something like {batlh bIyInmo' SuvwI'na' Dajaj}.