tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 04 15:32:03 1996

Re: KLBC: several questions

The one comment I think needs adding is that in this post Marc
Ruelander was trying to step from a law'/puS construction to
generalities about normal Klingon grammar. You must remember
that the law'/puS construction has nothing to do with any other
kind of Klingon grammar. It is a special case.

The "death while standing" thing added to the law/puS
construction that it is okay to preceed the normal nouns with a
phrase offering a time-stamp or other descriptive phrase, like:

context1 noun1 descriptive-verb law' context2 noun2
descriptive-verb puS. Abbreviated:

c1 n1 Q law' c2 n2 Q puS.

This is a minor expansion of TKD's <n1 Q law' n2 Q puS>.

According to Mark E. Shoulson:

--

 \___
 o_/ \