tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 04 11:11:09 1996

Re: ummm..... uh-oh.....

> DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE!!!!!! ..yet anyway!  Learning a language is a tough
> assignment, Doug, especially if you are trying to do on your own.

OKAY!!! No need to shout...

> Frustration is the *first* sign you are learning so .....CONGRATULATIONS!

Then I must be learning pretty fast... ;) Actually, I thought that this would
be a good way to learn the language {you know, the way kids learn French
through French Emersion... I guess I just haven't learned how to swim through
Klingon yet...}

> I wouldnt delete the messages right away. I would try to translate the
> first sentence or two and see if it makes sence. But be patient!

I'll give it a whirl, I suppose. That which does not kill you, needs to be
tackled with more vigour...

> Many people here are newbies who just lurk and learn SLOWLY and thats
> just the way the yab works for most of us. Keep refering to your TKD and
> keep asking questions of the list.  We have a fine beginners grammarian
> who is here to help people JUST LIKE YOU.

Actually, the reason I joined this list was because I felt I could better
serve my command, IKV QOQ'IQ, by learning the ins and outs of the language. I
figure if I can speak Klingon, and help my officers speak better Klingon, then
I'd be set for a promoti- er, I mean, performing my klingon duty to my ship
and her crew... Yes, I covered that up nicely...

> --
>  David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
>  Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup
>  P.O. Box 37, Eagle ID 83616     ||        yInpu' wa'netlh yInmey
>  It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope. Not available by E-mail!
>   E-mail   [email protected]        Finger me for more details.

This sounds interesting...

Doug "The MAD Klingon" Pandimen
aka Sergeant D'Karng "tlhIngan-dogh" K'Zharn, IKV QOQ'IQ/IKC De'wI'Daw
c/o: Jacen "The Jedi Twin" Cantwell
[email protected]

			* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Yeah, I hear they broke the mold, and then shot the sculptor..."
"Ye gods! I actually DON'T CARE!!! Wake me when it's over..."
			Ched Larynx, "The PanDimensional Impossiblist"

"My God! This parachute is REALLY a knapsack..!"
"Hey look! That monkey's got a Ross growing out of his ass!"
"Oh, sorry - you had a paleontologist on your face... But it's gone now, so
you're okay..."
"I think she's trying to tell us something... quick, get the verbs..."
			Chandler Bing, "Friends"

Back to archive top level