tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 01 13:05:04 1996

Re: First Klingon Word

According to R.B Franklin:

> Fri, 29 Dec 1995, ghItlh 'etlhqengwI':
>
> > bIDo'bej SoH!  Dochmey teH DaghojmoH
> > paQDI'norghvam lubepDI' tera'gnan 'e' nuq bIjatlh'a'
[Lots of good corrective stuff deleted]
> paQDI'norghvam bepDI' tera'ngan nuq jatlhlu'?
>
> > 'etlhqengwI'
>
> yoDtargh

I'm not so keen on {bep} taking {paQDI'norghvam} as an object.
I would have expected the definition to have read [object to,
complain about...] if it took this sort of object. I'd feel
better with:

paQDI'norghvammo' bepDI' tera'nganpu' nuq Dajatlh?

I suspect the sentence really was addressed to Holtej
personally, asking him what Holtej said when humans complain.

Just my thoughts on it...

charghwI'
--

 \___