tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 17 11:41:13 1996

Re: Paramount: tlhIngan Hol qab wIghItlh 'ach maQaQ

At 14:05 16-02-96 -0800, you wrote:
>> That's definitely not the right way to do it.  If you start blindly
>> translating words without understanding the grammar, you wind up with
>> garbage like {qab jIH ngIl}, apparently a feeble attempt by someone at
>> Paramount to translate "face me if you dare." :-(  You were just lucky
>> that your sentence came out well.
>
>My GHOD, where did THAT boner pop up? "He dares the monitor to be bad?!"

You can't remember? Picard, Gowron and Duras had to say that while poking
(the dead body of) K'Mpec with 'oy'naQmey in the ceremony aboard the bortaS
to prove K'Mpec was really dead so the Rite of Succession could formally
begin. In the encyclopedia it is even spelled "Qab jil nagil" of something.
AAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!! <sigh>

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level