tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 09 22:03:12 1996

Re: KLBC Preguntas

According to Alan Anderson:

> mu'vaj (the student formerly known as Qogh) writes:
> >3. Ditto for wall.  There doesn't seem to be a word for "wall" in TKD
> >so how would you get the idea across?
>
> By pretending that there's no "wall" in the English dictionary. :-)
> I think {pa' veH} is pretty succinct and unambiguous, but that might
> be because I came up with it.  What do you think?  Seriously, "wall"
> is near the top of my personal vocabulary wish list, right up there
> with "curtain" and "dance".

I REALLY like {pa' veH}. I've seen {pa' Dop} before, which I
also think works, but 'IHqu' <pa' veH>.

> >4. Is there any way to express a fraction?
>
> Yes, {bIH} :-)  The only "generic" fraction we have is {vatlhvI'}.
> "One quarter impulse power" is {cha'maH vagh vatlhvI' Hong}.

Or maybe {bID bID Hong}?

> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

Great answers, by the way. Once again, we are fortunate to have
a good BG.

charghwI'
--

 \___