tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 07 21:05:33 1996

Re: FOR MNIXON: list & name

Hovjaj 96103.2 ghItlh charghwI':

>bImIS. jabbI'IDleghDaq not <vIHarpu'> vIjatlh. jatlhpu' latlh.
>There's a rule that says you can't use perfective on the second
>verb in a [verb 'e' verb] construction. Slowly, I've learned
>this, but whoever said what I'm erroniously quoted as saying
>didn't follow the rule, so it obviously wasn't me, right?
>jIQaghlaH 'ach QaghmeywIjmo' neH yIpIch. latlhpu' vIQaghmoHbe'.

Sorry about the misquote.  Actually, all I was commenting on was that the
phrase relied on {'oH}, something which happens a bit too often in my
opinion.  I hadn't even noticed the misplaced perfective suffix.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96104.5

Back to archive top level