tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 02 10:25:49 1996

<De' pegh>

The proverb {De' pegh Sovlu'DI' chaq Do'Ha'} has been given to support
the use of {pegh} as a stative verb meaning "to be secret," but I want
to challenge that interpretation.  The sentence makes perfect sense to
me if I take the words as presented in TKD, with no additional meaning
assumed for any any of them:

 "When the information's secret is known, perhaps it is unfortunate."

Is there any other support, canon or otherwise, for the interpretation
of {pegh} to be extended beyond TKD's description?

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level